Saturday 7 December 2013

Writing research proposal

During last three weeks I have been focusing on getting my research proposal in shape. It is a very daunting task since I felt I needed to understand my topic better therefore kept and keep reading a bunch of books related to a number of subjects that influences my project . My main problem was, up until a few days ago, the description of my research project in one sentence. Finally, Eureka! I got it now and it is:


'Explore how traditional art practice and traditional art media coupled with art fundamentals can inform and enhance production of more aesthetically pleasing 2D game assets'


I feel a great relieve now that finally I have managed to capture my idea in to words.

I think the parallel I could draw between the process of aim formation is the same of trying to capture a cloud: the project idea was hanging around in a sort of undefined cloud/mist shape until right conditions formed and finally it turned in to rain and I was able to capture it all in a bucket in a form of water. :)

However, by no means the work is over. I still have a good bit to go in addressing art aesthetics and art theories question. It is a really hard topic to get ones head around and I wish I could have avoided  it altogether but because the whole idea of my project is to create something meaningful by being aesthetically pleasing there is no way of getting away from it. I guess, in the long run it will be really beneficial to gain a better understanding in what art is, from a philosophical point of view. In my opinion, it will have a major impact of how and what art I will create in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment